In order for you to spy on someone, there’s one thing you need – spy software.
While the market is currently flooded with many applications that guarantee security and anonymity, only applications such as mSpy and FlexiSpy will actually provide you with unfiltered access to someone’s smartphone.
Today I’m going to give you my unbiased review about mSpy and all it has to offer. It is a wonderful spy software that can be run on Android and iOS devices to track and spy on whatever the user is up to. I’ve been using mSpy for a while now to keep track of my brother and so far it hasn’t failed me.
Also Read: FlexiSpy Review
This mSpy app review will surely clear any doubts you may have about the software before actually purchasing a license and I’m sure that by the time you finish reading this review, you would have been able to make up your mind on whether mSpy is the right choice for you.
So sit back, relax and let me take you through my personal experience with mSpy.
mSpy App Review
The first thing to note is that mSpy supports both operating systems; Android and Apple’s iOS. If you own a jailbroken iPhone then you can only install the file if the iPhone is running on iOS 7 – 9.1. Whereas, if the iPhone has not been jailbroken then the mSpy app can be used on any iOS version.
For Android users, mSpy is compatible with Android 4.0 and above.
However, it will not work with older Blackberry or Nokia Symbian devices as those are currently outdated.
Also Read: How to spy on my partner’s phone for free?
How Does the mSpy App Work?
mSpy is an online based spy app that lets you spy on your target only if they have an active internet connection. In order to spy on the user, you will need to purchase a mSpy license from their official website.
Once you buy the license, an email confirmation will be to the registered email address containing a list of instructions to follow.
Here’s what needs to be done.
- Android – Download the 2mb APK file of the mSpy application and install it on the targeted smartphone. Once you have installed the application, open the app and sync it with your mSpy account. Finally hide the application from the target’s phone.
- iOS – For any iPhone or iPad, you can activate mSpy in one of two ways. The first method is if the iPhone is jailbroken, then you would install the mSpy app onto the iPhone and hide that using xyz. The second method is if the iPhone is not jailbroken, then you would be able to spy on the iPhone/iPad using their iCloud account details.
Now that the set up has been completed, you will be able to login to the online dashboard and view everything that happens on the targeted smartphone.
If you have installed the application, then the app will work in the background and collect all the data you need from within the smartphone itself and store that information on the mSpy cloud. This then gets synced with your online dashboard that you can view in real-time.
However, if you’ve gone with the iCloud mode of spying, then you will get access to everything that gets uploaded to their iCloud account. This includes, messages, contacts details, media files, social media access and more.
Useful Monitoring Features
mSpy is one of the most popular spy applications available in the market today and there are some pretty good reasons why it’s so sought after. Not only are you able to spy on the targeted phone anonymously, but you can even block apps, calls and more, remotely.
Here are some of the useful monitoring features of mSpy that made me fall in love with this app.
- GPS Location Tracking – It is a useful feature giving you information on the user’s location. However, it only works when the monitored user has a stable Internet connection which is not mentioned on mSpy manufacturer’s web site. Also, it may lack accuracy as the data is not always being processed rapidly.
- Blocking Capabilities – mSpy advanced packages provide you with an ability to block apps, websites and incoming calls from undesired persons for the target phone. It is possible due to the fact you get access to the list of applications installed, call logs and browser history. It may be in use for those trying to enforce parental control for their kids or concerning employees’ activity during the working hours.
- Read Incoming and Outgoing Messages – You can easily monitor messages via the mSpy online dashboard. The content that’s monitored includes MMS, SMS and Social media chat messages. The online dashboard grants you access to view and screenshot timestamps of individual messages and even download any media file that was shared onto your computer.
- Remote Control / Data Monitoring – Based on our experience, you’re able to browse through any application that’s installed on the targeted smartphone. You can even restart the targeted smartphone, install new applications or remove apps as you wish.
- Monitor Phone Calls – It’s easy to monitor and spy on phone calls made or received on the targeted phone. You can check the time, duration and even access contact details of the person on the other end of the line. Another great thing about monitoring phone calls is that the user will never get to know that someone has accessed their phone.
- Monitor Internet Usage – If you think that your child or loved one is using the internet in an inappropriate manner, then with the mSpy dashboard you can access every website they visited during a certain period of time. This includes actual URLs to the sites page and the duration of each site visit. You can also download the data onto a sheet and preserve it offline for future reference.
mSpy Online Dashboard
The dashboard is your own user area provided by mSpy manufacturers on their web site. It is designed to offer you the most convenient way to retrieve target user’s activity and data. In order to enter it you should have a password and login, which you get during the registration process.
This section is also designed to deal with your billing/payment issues, notifications and have quick access to the manufacturer’s support. It is a fully customizable platform and you can set the dashboard according to what you’re tracking and monitoring.
You can also control the user’s device remotely using a dashboard. The only thing you may be concerned about is the safety of the monitoring data you get. You know it is being retrieved from the target user’s device, processed by the manufacturer’s server and then displayed in your dashboard. So, at the end of the day you do not know whether you have a unique access to the confidential information received.
Reporting and Logging mSpy Data
The data you received depends on what license you purchased. You will be able to get access to the users calls, contact information, text messages and more. The logs and reports updating is fully customizable if the target device has an app installed. However, data retrieved during a short updating period has a negative impact on the device’s battery life.
Unfortunately, those iPhones/iPads that you’re spying on can only relay their information once every 24 hours as iCloud performs a backup at that time. This means that you get access to older information and not real-time data of the iPhone that’s not jailbroken.
Another thing is that if the device is utilizing 4G or 3G network speeds, then the information won’t come through smoothly. There will be a few hiccups in relaying information but the moment the phone gets connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection, then you would be able to spy on them faster and more efficiently.
mSpy Packages & Availability
One of the things to note about mSpy is that it’s affordable to use and you will only be able to use the app once you have bought a premium license. Unfortunately, this app does not come with a trial version or free software, you would be able to access the demo version of the dashboard that’s embedded within the mSpy site and using this, you can get yourself acquainted with the software.
The demo version is not limited to a few features, instead you will be able to view everything and experience everything the app has to offer. It would have been better if it came with a trial version so we could have checked exactly how it feels in hand before buying the license.
mSpy currently comes with three available licenses that you can purchase. It starts at $29.99 and goes up to $84.99 depending on the kind of monitoring features you want enabled. You can even get the application for a lower fee per month if you choose either the 3 months or 12 months subscription. It is a serious investment, though, so make sure the package obtains all the necessary features you need.
mSpy App Support
mSpy provides 24/7 support for the spyware users. You can reach out to the manufacturer via email, telephone or a live chat. The website has a pop-up chat section that requires you to enter your information and you will then get connected to a service representative from mSpy who will solve all your queries.
mSpy even provides you with pre-installation support where the representative will guide you through the entire installation process if the device is jailbroken. For this, you will have to purchase the mAssistance package from their official website.
Advantages & Disadvantages of using mSpy
|mSpy has a good business website, has all the contact data on its web page and is based in the U.S.||If you need the monitoring data being updated hourly or in less than 10 minutes it will have a serious impact on the target user’s device battery life.|
|It is really working and I can say it is not a scam. It is being updated in order to avoid the device manufacturers’ defense systems and offers a non-Jailbreak monitoring option.||The pricing policy is too sophisticated and unclear. The price of 1 month term contract and 12 months term contracts differ too much and there is no trial version you can download.|
|It is average-priced and has a refund policy.||The non-Jailbreak features are not included in the packages, so you have to pay as much as those having expanded monitoring features.|
|There is a Demo site, which allows you to evaluate the dashboard convenience.||You also should pay if assistance is needed to Jailbreak/Root the device, although the remote assistance implies not more than phone/ live chat consultation.|
|At last, it provides a proper hidden monitoring service.||There is no very valuable call recording feature you may need.|
|At last, there is not enough information concerning the refund policy.|
The mSpy software is currently being updated on a regular basis so you’re provided with the best service possible. In my opinion, the manufacturer should have invested a bit more to improve the overall user interface and to provide us with slightly cheaper premiums but all in all, this is one good app that delivers what it’s meant to.
While this app promises the world, there are certain limitations to how efficiently it processes data. So it would be up to you to download mSpy or proceed to get FlexiSpy instead.