Skype is a reputable and reliable voice calling tool, which gained popularity throughout the years. It was only used on PCs and Macs till tablets and smartphones appeared on a stage.
It is a completely free to use service if both participants have a stable Internet connection at the moment and Skype was first to make it possible to communicate completely free avoiding any international calling fee.
Off late, children and students have been using Skype to reach out to their peers and while this may seem innocent, there’s a possibility that either a child predator or an online bully may take advantage of the situation and get in touch with your child.
Since this is something that happens pretty often, today we’re going to talk about the process of monitoring Skype use on cell phones and tablets so you keep your children and loved ones safe.
Monitoring Skype Use on Cell Phones and Tablets
Finally after all these years, it’s now possible to monitor someone’s Skype use on their cell phones or tablets.
Currently there are two ways you can monitor Skype use, the first is by accessing the users Skype account and logging into their profile on your cell phone and the second method is by using a third-party app like FlexiSpy or mSpy.
With these apps, you are able to monitor:
- Incoming and outgoing calls – You will be able to monitor outgoing and incoming calls made on a particular Skype account including both parties email addresses and account names. This is a good feature to have especially if you want to keep your loved ones safe from contacting strangers.
- Duration and time of the calls made – These monitoring apps will show you the total duration of each call handled on the Skype account. You will even be able to view timestamps of when each call was made or received.
- Messages sent and received – You will have access to all the messages sent and received from the targeted Skype account. Here you have access to all the messages sent via the messaging interface along with timestamps of each message and response.
- Media history – Another reason why these spy apps are great is because you will have access to any kind of media file that was sent or received over Skype. This includes the time the media file was opened and you will be able to download the media file onto your laptop/smartphone.
Recommended Read: How Does Cell Phone Spy Software Work
Monitor Skype Use Without Handling The Targets Cell Phone or Tablet
This is by far the easiest way you can access someone’s Skype account and monitor their every step. Unlike most IM or Social apps, Skype lets you login to multiple devices at the same time . You can access everything that’s happening on a particular Skype account from the confines of your own phone.
In order to do so, you will need to follow these steps
- Start by installing Skype on your smartphone or computer. Once installed, login using the target Skype user ID and password.
- Once logged in, you will have access to the primary Skype users account and dashboard. Here you will be able monitor everything that happens within that Skype account.
Point to Note: While following this method, make sure that your phone/laptop is on silent mode. This is done because you’re basically sharing the same account, so whatever calls come through will even ring on your phone/laptop. Muting your device will let you spy in peace without anyone getting the idea that they’re being monitored.
Monitor Skype Use on Cell Phones and Tablets using FlexiSpy
With a third-party software like FlexiSpy you can easily monitor your loved ones Skype account. Once this app has been installed, it will capture all sent and received messages, calls and media files and upload them on a secure dashboard that you can access on your laptop or smartphone.
Point to Note: You will have to make sure that the cell phone or tablet you’re targeting has Skype installed and they have logged into their account. If Skype is not running on the smartphone/tablet, then this method will not work.
In order to monitor Skype use using FlexiSpy, you will need to follow these steps.
- First thing you will need to do is purchase a FlexiSpy license for the target cell phone or tablet from their official website.
- Now that you have your FlexiSpy license, an email confirmation of the same will be sent to your registered email. This email confirmation will contain the list of instructions you will have to follow in order to install and activate the license on the target cell phone/tablet.
- Once you have successfully installed the license you can leave the phone back where you found it so as not to draw any suspicion.
- From this moment on, all the Skype data from the targeted phone will be stored in your FlexiSpy online account and you will be able to view this information on your online dashboard.
Now that you have successfully installed and activated FlexiSpy on your target’s phone/tablet, there’s quite a bit you can do. Let me take you through the main capabilities of FlexiSpy and what all you can do via the dashboard.
When you access the FlexiSpy dashboard on your laptop, you will be able to
Read Emails – View sent and received emails on the targeted cell phone including media files sent via email. You have access to view the timestamps and even download files that have been shared over the registered email account on the target smartphone.
Access Key Logs – FlexiSpy comes with an integrated keylogger that records every single keystroke made on the target smartphone. You can use this information to access passwords and other sensitive information without being detected.
Check Installed Apps – You have access to check all the applications that are currently installed on the target phone. This tab will provide you with information such as date of installation, file size and even current firmware version.
Web Activity – There’s a section on the FlexiSpy dashboard that you can use to view your targets browsing history. Here, you will be able to view every site accessed on the smartphone along with the URL and date & time of the site visits.
VoIP Calls – All incoming, outgoing and missed calls are stored on the server and you have access to view the complete call log (VoIP & Cell) to find out who your target is talking to. You will be able to see the User ID of the caller along with duration and date & time of each call.
Live Listening – This feature lets you monitor calls real-time by tapping into live calls for your convenience. You will have to enable Live Listening from within the dashboard and then enter the monitor number to start listening.
Recommended Read: How To Spy On iPhone Text Messages
Monitor Skype Use on Cell Phones and Tablets using mSpy
Quite like the one mentioned above, mSpy will let you access someone’s cell phone or tablet without their knowledge so you can monitor their online Skype activity. mSpy grants you unfiltered access to your targets smartphone or tablet and lets you spy on them in secret, real-time.
In order to monitor Skype use using mSpy, you will need to follow these steps.
- Start by choosing the most appropriate subscription plan from the official mSpy website. While choosing the plan you will be made to pick between iOS and Android depending on the type of device your target uses.
- If it’s an Android device then you will need to download a small 2mb file and install it on the phone/tablet in order to receive real-time updates. Whereas, if it’s an iOS device then you would require their iCloud credentials in order to access information on their phone.
- Once you have successfully set up the app, hide the icon so the user doesn’t get to know that you’re spying on them.
- Now you will have to sync the app along with your online dashboard. Once you do so, the online control panel will start monitoring Skype and you will be able to keep an eye on everything happening within Skype.
Now that you have successfully installed and activated mSpy on your target’s phone/tablet, there’s quite a bit you can do. Let me take you through the main capabilities of mSpy and what all you can do via the dashboard.
When you access the mSpy dashboard on your laptop, you will be able to
Monitor Messages – You can supervise your children’s Skype account and make sure that no unwanted messages are sent or received. mSpy even lets you access messages when they have been deleted from the phone/tablet.
Track Skype Calls – With the dashboard open, you will be able to review every VoIP call made via Skype and even view the duration and timestamps of the calls. The call log for Skype will provide you with the User ID of the caller so you can bookmark those who you feel are suspicious.
View Contact Logs – If you’re monitoring Skype usage on a smartphone/tablet then with mSpy you can view the complete list of Skype contacts from the targeted account. You can bookmark certain contacts and have notification alerts set up whenever they send a text or call the targeted phone.
Well, there you have it.
Monitoring Skype use on cell phones and tablets is an easy task, all you need is an active license from one of the premium spy tools – mSpy or FlexiSpy and you’re good to go.
If you feel that the subscription packages are expensive then you can resort to logging into their Skype account on your smartphone/laptop to monitor who they’re talking to and messaging on Skype.
Remember not to get caught as it may lead to other issues and always make sure that you don’t spy on someone unless there’s a valid reason.