The iPhone is probably THE most used smartphone in America with over 113 million covering a range of age groups. With the steady rise in iPhone users, we have noticed an increase in a particular Google search query – how to spy on text messages iPhone.
Yes, parents tend to get worried about the safety of their children and would like to know what messages are being sent or received.
With applications like Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook that are designed to keep you in touch with your family and friends, there are chances that you might actually fall prey to bullies or online attackers making it an unpleasant experience.
To keep your kids safe from online predators or stalkers, it’s a good idea to spy on their iPhone so you know who they’re talking to at all times.
So, over the course of this article I’m going to cover how to spy on iPhone text messages and the ways you can do so without getting caught.
You can spy on iPhone text messages by using the following tried and tested methods.
- Spy On Text Messages Using Apple ID
- Using a Third Party Software to Spy on iPhone Text Messages
- Using an iPhone Recovery Stick
How To Spy On iPhone Text Messages
With this guide, you can learn how to gain unfiltered access to your spouse’s or child’s iPhone text messages. You will even be able to keep a check on various other activities such as their GPS data, call logs, social media apps and more.
You will find the three most appropriate ways to spy on iPhone text messages that are not only easy to pull off but you wouldn’t have to jailbreak the iPhone to get them done.
Method #1 – Spy On Text Messages Using Apple ID
One of the best ways you can spy on iPhone text messages is via the users Apple ID. With the Apple ID, you will gain access to the iPhone’s backup registry that consists of recent iMessage conversations, photos, emails, GPS location history and browser history.
In order to pull this off, you will need:
- The target users iCloud login credentials
- Access to their iPhone for a few minutes
- Internet access on the target user’s iPhone.
Here’s how you can spy on iPhone text messages using the target’s Apple ID.
- First and foremost, you will need to get the Apple ID and password of the iPhone you wish to spy on.
- Now, proceed to iCloud.com on your iOS device and login using the targeted individuals credentials. You can even head to Settings > iCloud > Login.
Point to Note: Some users may experience a pop-up message notifying them to merge accounts. You will have to click on merge in order to select what content you wish to spy on.
- With the user’s Apple ID, you’re able to sync emails, text messages, photos, contacts and other data stored on iCloud. In order to spy on text messages you will have to proceed to Settings > Messages > Enable iMessage. Now that iMessage has been enabled, proceed to re-enter the target users Apple ID and password to start spying on their messages.
- Now that you have successfully logged into their Apple ID and synced your iPhone with the account, you will be able to view the text messages sent/received on the target iPhone. These messages get updated real-time on your iPhone so there’s no delay of any kind.
Remember: There might be the off-chance that the iCloud backup on the target iPhone is disabled. Simply turning this feature on will rectify any issue you might have when trying to spy on someone’s iPhone text messages. If you don’t know how you can enable automatic iCloud backup on the target iPhone, you can open Settings > iPhone Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup and enable the automatic backup option.
Method #2 – Using a Third Party Software to Spy on iPhone Text Messages
There are many spy applications available on the internet that claim to be the best in the market at what they do. With more than 65,000 users worldwide, mSpy is considered to be the best iPhone spy software available today that’s both safe to use and will keep you anonymous at all times.
In order to use mSpy to spy on someone’s iPhone text messages, there are a couple of things you need to do first.
- First you will have to obtain the users iCloud credentials or Apple ID
- You will have to purchase mSpy for iOS devices
- Make sure the target user’s iPhone is connected to the internet.
mSpy is an easy to use application that grants you access to someone’s iPhone data by logging into their iCloud account on the mSpy dashboard. Once you’re logged in, you have uninterrupted access to everything that’s received or sent on the user’s iPhone.
Here’s how you can set up mSpy for you can spy on someone’s iPhone text messages.
- Start by opening mSpy and purchase a subscription plan. Before completing the purchase, you will have to select iOS instead of Android since you’re going to spy on an iPhone.
- Now that you have been able to purchase the plan, proceed to login to the application using the user’s iCloud/Apple ID.
- Make sure that the iPhone is connected to the internet at this stage so you can access the backup files.
- Once you have selected the appropriate backup, the software will take a couple of minutes to load as it’s syncing the data from the users iCloud account.
When the data has been downloaded, you will be able to spy on the text messages that are being sent or received on the iPhone.
Point to Note: mSpy is one of the few apps that offer 24/7 support in case you face any difficulty while using the app. The company even offers paid assistance under the title mAssistance where someone from their technical team will get in touch with you and help you through the complete setup process.
Using spy applications like mSpy grant you access not only to the text messages on a particular iPhone, but even to the following:
- GPS Tracking – mSpy allows you to view the user’s iPhone location at any time of the day, you will be able to see where they are at a particular time and where they’re heading to.
- Read Emails – You can view the email history of the user’s iPhone. This includes time and date, content of the email and even the identity of the sender.
- Track Browser Use – mSpy has the ability to keep an eye on the user’s iPhone browsing history. Here, you’re given access to the browsers history timeline including the frequency of the visits to a particular site.
- IM/Social Media Apps – One of the most common uses of mSpy is to spy on social media accounts. You are able to check who your target is keeping in touch with and even go through their messages on Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp and more.
Method #3 – Using an iPhone Recovery Stick
The final method you can try is by using an iPhone recovery stick to retrieve messages, contacts, internet history and more by simply plugging in the iPhone and iPhone recovery stick into the same computer/laptop (Windows).
In order to do this, you will need the following
- A Windows based desktop or laptop with 2 functional USB ports
- An iPhone Recovery Stick (Available on Amazon)
- Temporary access to the iPhone.
In order to make this work, you will need to power on your computer/laptop and wait for the boot-up process to complete.
- Take the iPhone Recovery Stick and plug it into one of your computer’s USB ports and your iPhone plugged into the second USB port.
- The entire recovery process takes roughly 15-20 minutes depending on the size of data you’re transferring.
- You can search for specific items such as a specific address or person or you can search for other potentially triggering keywords that you may want to keep an eye on.
The iPhone Recovery Stick allows you to view data from third-party apps such as Facebook Messenger, TikTok, Textplus and KIK.
You can extract photos that were sent via the messaging app and even access the iTunes backup files from the iPhone including any deleted data.
Now that you know what I know, you can spy on text messages on an iPhone without worrying about whether you’re going to get caught.
In my opinion, the easiest way to get complete access to a particular iPhone is by using a third-party application such as mSpy (listed above). This app provides you with everything you need to start spying on someone.
The iPhone Recovery Stick is an expensive way to go, but provides limited data which is not what you want. And, if you’re looking for the cheapest way out, then it’s best to stick to logging into their Apple ID on your iPhone.
Hope this helps! Until next time!
- How To Secretly Track My Son’s iPhone Without Him Knowing?
- How To Hack Someone’s WhatsApp Without Their Phone
- How To Hide Notifications On An iPhone
Daniel Moore is the Founder & Editor-in-chief of Private-Spy, an experienced hacker, lecturer and an all-round fun guy! A writer by day and reader by night, he holds a Master’s degree in Computer applications and believes that privacy is our god given right. Daniel has been known to have published in-depth guides and tutorials that have been used by millions of people across the world.