Monitoring a cell phone is one of the most effective ways to catch a cheating spouse or to simply keep tabs on the whereabouts of your child. Not only is it a bit difficult to do, but it’s harder to do so without installing any spy software on the target’s smartphone.
The ultimate question today is how to spy on a cell phone without installing spyware?
While many claim that it’s practically impossible to achieve, there are others who prove otherwise.
In this article, you are going to learn how to spy on a cell phone without installing spyware. I will take you through it step by step and break it down based on the operating system (Android & iOS) to make it easier for you to effectively spy on someone’s cell phone.
Here’s what we’re going to cover:
- How to spy on an iOS device without installing spyware
- How to spy on an Android device without installing spyware
- Alternate methods to spy on a cell phone without installing spyware
How To Spy on a Cell Phone Without Installing Spyware
By now you all are familiar with different types of spy apps that I’ve covered in topics such as “How to spy on Snapchat messages” and “How to hack someone’s WhatsApp without their phone”. But, today’s session is going to be a little different.
Today, I’m going to guide you through the steps you need to follow in order to successfully spy on a cell phone without having to install any kind of spyware.
Recommended Read: How Does Cell Phone Spy Software Work?
How To Spy on an iOS Device Without Installing Spyware
Unlike Android devices that allow you to spy on someone easily, Apple iOS devices are rather hard to get into thanks to their layers of security. But it is possible to spy on an iOS device without even touching the iPhone/iPad.
With Apple devices, the only way to install spyware is by jailbreaking the device first. This voids the warranty and even makes the device prone to online attacks. You will also be required to handle the iPhone if you want to install any spyware.
There are multiple applications that allow you to spy on an iOS device without installing any spyware. They are:
Here’s the easiest way you can spy on an iPhone without installing any spyware.
Note: For you to be able to spy on an iOS device without jailbreaking it, you would have to obtain the iCloud credentials of the user and make sure that their data is being backed up regularly.
- There are many spy software such as mSpy and FlexiSpy that allow you to spy on an iPhone without jailbreaking the device.
- You will have to purchase the no-jailbreak premium package of the software in order for this to work.
- Once you have made the payment and purchased the plan, follow the instructions sent to your registered email.
- Now, login to the spy software dashboard by entering the iCloud ID and password of the person you’re about to spy on.
- The dashboard that appears will display everything you need to know about what’s going on in the other person’s social life.
Spy on an iOS Device with “Find My”
“Find My” is a built-in spy application for iOS users. This application allows you to locate the location of the registered iPhone and keep tabs on the users constant whereabouts.
By utilizing Find My as a way to spy on a specific iPhone, you will be granted access to the target’s cell phone location only. If you would like to spy on an iPhone by tracking it’s real-time location, you can follow the steps laid out below
- There are two ways to do this, you can either launch the Find My iPhone app on your Apple device or visit the iCloud Find My page on your web browser.
- Once you’re in, login using your target’s Apple ID and password and then select “All Devices”.
- Proceed to click on Find iPhone and wait for a couple of seconds for the target’s location to appear on the map.
Spy on an iOS Device with “Find My Friends”
“Find My Friends” is an app that works quite like “Find My iPhone”. It’s preinstalled on every Apple device and you can easily use it to monitor the location of a certain iPhone/iPad.
The only disadvantage to using Find My Friends is that your target will need to request location access from your target. The only way to get it done without their knowledge is by manually approving the location sharing request on their phone.
Here’s what must be done to spy on an iOS device using Find My Friends
- Launch the Find My Friends app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the Add button.
- You will now be provided with a list of contacts from your Apple device (name and email addresses).
- Choose the right contact and send the request.
- Either you can access their Apple device and accept the request or you can wait for them to accept it on their own.
How To Spy on an Android Device Without Installing Spyware
As compared with iOS devices, it’s rather difficult to spy on an Android smartphone or tablet since they don’t depend solely on cloud storage like iCloud on Apple devices. Though the process is complicated, there is a way around it.
You can either have a hidden file installed on the target iPhone or you can use other methods to spy without having to touch the device.
With Android smartphones, spy apps like mSpy, Spyier, Spyic would require you to install a small 2mb file onto the target phone that will relay information to an online dashboard which you can access.
This is the traditional way to spy on any Android smartphone, but i’m going to list out a couple of ways that you can spy on an Android smartphone without installing any application or spyware.
Spy on an Android Phone with Android Device Manager
ADM is a built-in software that allows you to track your phone in case it’s missing or stolen. You’re provided with a map that shows the exact and current position of the smartphone. This software lets you keep an eye on the whereabouts of someone as long as their internet and GPS are active.
If you wish to use ADM to spy on someone, you will need to follow these steps:
- Login to the Android Device Manager page on your browser.
- Enter the target’s Google account email and password.
- You will immediately have access to the device’s current location and you can then either erase the contents on the phone or play a sound to pinpoint its exact location.
Spy on an Android Device with Google Timeline
Google Timeline works just the same as ADM by granting you access to the target’s location as long as their Android device is connected to the internet. You can use Google Timeline on your desktop or laptop to spy on their whereabouts.
To do so, you will have to follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps on your web browser
- Sign in to Google Maps using the registered Google account you’re targeting.
- Tap on Menu from the top side of the display and then click on View Your Timeline to track their movements.
Alternate Methods of Spying without Installing Spyware
There are other methods you can spy on a cell phone without having to install spyware or using any spy application. These are not for the faint at heart and require a bit of software knowledge in order to successfully implement them.
Phishing and other Malicious Attacks
This practice requires you to send an email with a malicious link. Upon opening the link, the user will be made to share their personal and sensitive information such as card details, bank numbers and more.
It’s a technical approach and wouldn’t be recommended to those who are not familiar with coding.
Snooping + Touch ID Hack
This particular method involves accessing your target’s smartphone when they are not around. Here you would have to access their unlocked smartphone, go to Settings and add your fingerprint data to their Touch ID.
This will permit you access to the phone whenever you want, even if their phone is locked.
This method revolves around you guessing what their password or unlock code could be. If you know them well enough then it should be something they relate to, a specific date or the name of a loved one.
You should remember not to enter the wrong passcode more than 3 times as it will lock the device and the user would get to know that someone tried hacking into it.
Websites Promising Online Hacking in Under 5 Minutes
It’s pretty evident that this is a scam. Unless you’re certain the website you’re accessing is either mSpy, Spicier, Spyic or FlexiSpy, don’t open them and trust their false promises.
These websites that claim they can help you hack into a smartphone normally would end up taking you for a ride and ultimately hack your data. Whatever you do, don’t trust any online website that says they can hack a smartphone.
Now that you know just how to spy on a cell phone without installing spyware, make sure that you do it with good intentions and not to cause problems for someone.
It’s truly unethical to hack into someone’s smartphone without their knowledge and it’s not recommended. But, if there’s no other option, then tread carefully and stay safe.
- Monitoring Skype Use on Cell Phones and Tablets
- How Does Cell Phone Spy Software Work?
- How To Spy on an Android Phone?
Daniel Moore is the Founder & Editor-in-chief of Private-Spy, an experienced hacker, lecturer and an all-round fun guy! A writer by day and reader by night, he holds a Master’s degree in Computer applications and believes that privacy is our god given right. Daniel has been known to have published in-depth guides and tutorials that have been used by millions of people across the world.