Bored with your friends? Are you trying to find new friends on Facebook or other social media sites? Or Are you just bored with your life in general?
Then you’re at the right place.
In this article, we will be listing our favorite (and also popular) anonymous chat apps for iOS. With these apps installed on your device, you can go ahead and find strangers to build friendships, flirt, or just talk with them.
You can even send them pictures, videos and make video calls. The advantage you have here is the opposite person won’t even have a clue about who you are as these apps make you completely anonymous.
These are the top 10 anonymous chat apps for iOS:
- Meet Me
Top 10 Best Anonymous Chats Apps For iOS
Inspired by the likes of Instagram (or Snapchat based on who you talk to) Connected2.me is an anonymous chat app that is available for iOS. When you open the app, it gives you a list of nearby profiles with whom you can directly chat. Users can upload stories as well, similar to Instagram.
Users don’t need to create a user account to send or receive messages (which is an added benefit), but to create stories, you’ll need one. The app also has a built-in feature called shuffle that matches you with chat-ready random users.
This is another powerful app for your iPhone that you can use to chat anonymously. It’s a fairly recent app as compared to the other two mentioned above and has gained popularity rather fast.
Whisper is the kind of app that does not tolerate any explicit content and will ban violators. It however, encourages those who use the app to engage in a more meaningful conversation in a decent manner.
What’s great about using Whisper is that you can speak your mind and discuss things with total strangers all without revealing your true identity. Whisper uses an algorithm that connects two people based on their location and interests.
RandoChat is a simple to use, iOS app for anonymous chatting. The design of the app is based on the standard iOS apps (with no over-the-top interfaces and no complicated functions ) so that you can easily get comfortable with the app.
RandoChat works similarly to WhatsApp, all you just need is to create your mini-account and then tap on the “chat” button. The app will automatically match you with one random partner with whom you can start a conversation.
Originally a dating app, Meet Me underwent some strategic changes over the years and it finally evolved into a private chat app. Currently, Meet Me has over a 100 million users and is one of the few anonymous chat apps for iOS that has such a massive database.
Apart from chatting anonymously with strangers, Meet Me comes equipped with a few built-in features that let you share gifts with other users, count your profile views and even lets you know how many admirers you have.
It doubles up as a gaming portal where you can play an arcade or casino game with someone you just met. Sounds fun, right? Not only does the app let you connect with friends and new people, it still has a few dating features that you can take advantage of if that’s what you’re looking for.
Holla is a free to use anonymous chat app that comes with a video chat feature. This app lets you directly talk to strangers directly over video and this has made it popular among all age groups.
The app lets you swipe left on accounts to pick the user you want to chat with and in order for the app to know the right kind of user to pair you with, you must complete your match criteria and interests beforehand.
You can download this app for free off the App Store and is really easy to use. Like Whisper, Holla does not tolerate any negative behavior on their app. Those who use offensive language, share adult content within the platform are blocked. So if you’re looking for some clean fun, then this is the app for you.
Frim is an iOS anonymous chat app that allows you to ask questions, share secrets, etc with strangers online.
You can also share funny pics, photos, stickers, videos, and others with their newfound friends. Frim also allows you to be creative by allowing you to add different badges to your profile.
If you’re privacy conscious then Frim is the best app for you as it constantly discourages its users from revealing their personal information.
Chatous is a well-known anonymous social networking app available for iOS. The app works by matching you with random strangers across the world for chat sessions.
The app primarily works on hashtags, so even if you have used any hashtags to describe yourself then the app will use these hashtags to match you with like-minded people. These hashtags can also be used as a filtering option to search for other members by age or country.
The app is completely free. However, there are few in-app purchases available that can further enhance the user experience.
For example, the free version of the app matches you with people irrespective of their gender, but with the premium version, you can choose the gender of your liking.
Nimbuzz is another familiar name in the anonymous messaging world. It’s been around for a long time now and I still remember those days when it was available for Symbian smartphones.
Nimbuzz acts as an instant messenger and comes with integrated social media features to get you connected on the move. It’s a secure and private chatting app that you can use to talk to strangers anonymously.
Quite like Omegle, this app also relies on your interests in order to connect you with strangers around the world. You can use it to make video calls and even chat with people you already know, for free.
The new age app comes with a load of upgraded features such as you can watch movies, play games, share videos and more. It’s an all-in-one private chat app that you can download on your iPhone today.
Moco is just another way to speak to individuals privately about a number of subjects of common interest.
This app can be used to find any kind of person based on preferences like gender, age, and sexual orientation.
Social games like FriendShop, MatchMe, and Street Wars can also be played by those who hit it off. The data that you can exchange can be as detailed or as minimal as you wish.
Wakie which a popular anonymous chat app was introduced as a non-traditional alarm app allowing strangers to wake you up.
The app allows you to ask for suggestions, opinions, and strangers can reply to your queries. You can also start new discussions with strangers after getting matched on a particular topic.
Once you are comfortable with your new friend then you can show your details like a profile picture, name, and other personal details.
Pros and Cons of Anonymous Chat Apps
Let us analyze the pros and cons before we get down to installing the apps.
“When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons”-Sigmund Freud
- You can expand your worldview – Talking to people online is a whole new experience, you never know who you might meet online. The opposite person may be of different age and a part of a different culture. Talking to such people will change your perspective on certain things and open your mind to newer experiences. You will also get an added benefit like being more empathetic towards others and also teach you how other people work, how their culture works, etc.
- You can say whatever you want – Hate that person who cracks lame jokes during the office meeting? Is your boss a loser? Do you have a crush on a cute girl/boy who has just joined your class today? Feeling angry/happy/sad? Then anonymous chat rooms are the best place to let out of everything that’s on your mind and heart (as long as you don’t reveal anything that could expose your identity). You can even go the extra mile and post your unpopular opinion on certain topics (Dark Knight is overrated for example) without the fear of someone attacking you for it.
- It makes for good conversation – You can advise the people you’re talking to, or just be the person who listens to you as you express what’s going on since you are more likely to be yourself and express your feelings. While it isn’t a substitute for therapy, it can be a good way to get some solutions right away.
- You don’t know who you’re talking to – The digital world is a dangerous place. The majority of people have either experienced or heard stories where they thought they’re talking to a reasonable person but it turns out to be someone bad. From a sexual predator pretending to be a 14-year-old girl to a cyber criminal who just wants to steal your personal information, you need to be careful when it comes to who you talk to.
Now, this doesn’t mean you turn on your antitrust mode and just start adding people into the “People I’m never gonna trust again” list. However, you can turn on your smart-mode and not reveal your details. And in case if you meet a local person in any chat rooms and then make up a plan to meet in real life then do it in a safe, public place like a mall.
- Impact of Social Skills Is an Unintended Consequence – Social skills are difficult to master and sometimes it doesn’t come naturally to everyone. So if your mode of communication to people is only through chat rooms then you may never improve your social skills as you won’t be having any real-life interactions. If you can speak in an anonymous chat room then it’s good, but if you can’t have a face-to-face conversation, then it’s time for you to spend more time on improving your social skills and less time in chat rooms.
- Chat rooms are Addictive – Yes, chat rooms are good until it becomes an addiction. Sometimes such addictions can cause problems in your personal and professional life. So if you’re someone who likes chatting with people, anonymous chat rooms can be an excellent way to connect to new people but at the same time, you need to make sure that you are not spending all your time on it.
These 12 apps are the most popular apps that can be used for anonymous messaging. Please keep in mind that all these apps are for private and anonymous chats, which means as an end-user you need to make sure that you never reveal any details regarding your personal life.
Always remember that it is dangerous to talk to strangers online just as in real life. So go ahead install one of these apps, build your new persona and speak your heart out.
- Best Anonymous Chats Apps For Android 2021
- Best Free Apple Watch Apps 2021
- Best Apple Watch Games 2021
Daniel Moore is the Founder & Editor-in-chief of Private-Spy, an experienced hacker, lecturer and an all-round fun guy! A writer by day and reader by night, he holds a Master’s degree in Computer applications and believes that privacy is our god given right. Daniel has been known to have published in-depth guides and tutorials that have been used by millions of people across the world.