“When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons”
Bored with your friends? Are you trying to find new friends on Facebook or other social media sites? Or Are you just bored with your life in general?
Then you’re at the right place.
In this article, we will be listing our favorite (and also popular) anonymous chat apps for iOS. With these apps installed on your device, you can go ahead and find strangers to build friendships, flirt, or just talk with them.
You can even send them pictures, videos and make video calls. The advantage you have here is the opposite person won’t even have a clue about who you are as these apps make you completely anonymous.
These are the top 8 anonymous chat apps for iOS:
- Group-Chat Around Me
Best Anonymous Chats Apps For iOS
As kids, our parents always warned us saying that we should never talk to strangers. So aren’t these apps bad for encouraging such behavior?
Well, your parents are right and yes talking to strangers is something we should always avoid. But in this case, the app is completely anonymous, which means the stranger you’re talking to doesn’t know your name, address, gender, or age (Unless you reveal it to them).
You could think of it as an online RPG game. You shape your character online according to your will and meet new people without them knowing who you truly are.
Pros and Cons of Anonymous chat rooms
Let us analyze the pros and cons before we get down to installing the apps.
- You can expand your worldview – Talking to people online is a whole new experience, you never know who you might meet online. The opposite person may be of different age and a part of a different culture. Talking to such people will change your perspective on certain things and open your mind to newer experiences. You will also get an added benefit like being more empathetic towards others and also teach you how other people work, how their culture works, etc.
- You can say whatever you want – Hate that person who cracks lame jokes during the office meeting? Is your boss a loser? Do you have a crush on a cute girl/boy who has just joined your class today? Feeling angry/happy/sad? Then anonymous chat rooms are the best place to let out of everything that’s on your mind and heart (as long as you don’t reveal anything that could expose your identity). You can even go the extra mile and post your unpopular opinion on certain topics (Dark Knight is overrated for example) without the fear of someone attacking you for it.
- It makes for good conversation – You can advise the people you’re talking to, or just be the person who listens to you as you express what’s going on since you are more likely to be yourself and express your feelings. While it isn’t a substitute for therapy, it can be a good way to get some solutions right away.
- You don’t know who you’re talking to – The digital world is a dangerous place. The majority of people have either experienced or heard stories where they thought they’re talking to a reasonable person but it turns out to be someone bad. From a sexual predator pretending to be a 14-year-old girl to a cyber criminal who just wants to steal your personal information, you need to be careful when it comes to who you talk to.
Now, this doesn’t mean you turn on your antitrust mode and just start adding people into the “People I’m never gonna trust again” list. However, you can turn on your smart-mode and not reveal your details. And in case if you meet a local person in any chat rooms and then make up a plan to meet in real life then do it in a safe, public place like a mall.
- Impact of Social Skills Is an Unintended Consequence – Social skills are difficult to master and sometimes it doesn’t come naturally to everyone. So if your mode of communication to people is only through chat rooms then you may never improve your social skills as you won’t be having any real-life interactions. If you can speak in an anonymous chat room then it’s good, but if you can’t have a face-to-face conversation, then it’s time for you to spend more time on improving your social skills and less time in chat rooms.
- Chat rooms are Addictive – Yes, chat rooms are good until it becomes an addiction. Sometimes such addictions can cause problems in your personal and professional life. So if you’re someone who likes chatting with people, anonymous chat rooms can be an excellent way to connect to new people but at the same time, you need to make sure that you are not spending all your time on it.
Here are the Best Anonymous Chats Apps For iOS
Inspired by the likes of Instagram (or Snapchat based on who you talk to) Connected2.me is an anonymous chat app that is available for iOS. When you open the app, it gives you a list of nearby profiles with whom you can directly chat. Users can upload stories as well, similar to Instagram.
Users don’t need to create a user account to send or receive messages (which is an added benefit), but to create stories, you’ll need one. The app also has a built-in feature called shuffle that matches you with chat-ready random users.
Frim is an iOS anonymous chat app that allows you to ask questions, share secrets, etc with strangers online.
You can also share funny pics, photos, stickers, videos, and others with their newfound friends. Frim also allows you to be creative by allowing you to add different badges to your profile.
If you’re privacy conscious then Frim is the best app for you as it constantly discourages its users from revealing their personal information.
Chatous is a well-known anonymous social networking app available for iOS. The app works by matching you with random strangers across the world for chat sessions.
The app primarily works on hashtags, so even if you have used any hashtags to describe yourself then the app will use these hashtags to match you with like-minded people. These hashtags can also be used as a filtering option to search for other members by age or country.
The app is completely free. However, there are few in-app purchases available that can further enhance the user experience.
For example, the free version of the app matches you with people irrespective of their gender, but with the premium version, you can choose the gender of your liking.
Group-Chat Around Me (Previously known as Scandal)
Group-Chat Around Me is another anonymous chat app for iOS. There is no registration, personal data, or names are needed for this app.
You can just install the app and start having conversations with people who are nearby. As there is no risk to your privacy you can go ahead and speak your heart out on this app.
Group chats and anonymous conversations can also be created on your own.
RandoChat is a simple to use, iOS app for anonymous chatting. The design of the app is based on the standard iOS apps (with no over-the-top interfaces and no complicated functions ) so that you can easily get comfortable with the app.
RandoChat works similarly to WhatsApp, all you just need is to create your mini-account and then tap on the “chat” button. The app will automatically match you with one random partner with whom you can start a conversation.
MeetMe which started as a dating app went on to become a popular anonymous chat app with a user base of 100 million people.
Along with standard features like anonymous chats, sharing media, etc, the app also comes with features to see profile views, admirers count, and gifts you have received.
The app also comes with some arcade and casino-based games that can be played with your newfound friends.
Moco is just another way to speak to individuals privately about a number of subjects of common interest.
This app can be used to find any kind of person based on preferences like gender, age, and sexual orientation.
Social games like FriendShop, MatchMe, and Street Wars can also be played by those who hit it off. The data that you can exchange can be as detailed or as minimal as you wish.
Wakie which a popular anonymous chat app was introduced as a non-traditional alarm app allowing strangers to wake you up.
The app allows you to ask for suggestions, opinions, and strangers can reply to your queries. You can also start new discussions with strangers after getting matched on a particular topic.
Once you are comfortable with your new friend then you can show your details like a profile picture, name, and other personal details.
The above 8 apps are the most popular apps that can be used for anonymous messaging.
Please keep in mind that all these apps are for private and anonymous chats, which means as an end-user you need to make sure that you never reveal any details regarding your personal life.
Always remember that it is dangerous to talk to strangers online just as in real life.
So go ahead install one of these apps, build your new persona and speak your heart out.