Are you bored with your online or real friends? Do you want to make new friends? If yes, then you’re at the right place.
In this article, we will list out the best anonymous chat apps for Android OS.
With these apps, you can chat, flirt or date any stranger across the world. Some of these apps also allow you to share images, audio and also make video chats with your newfound friends.
Here are the top 10 best anonymous chat apps for Android.
|Top 10 Best Anonymous Chat Apps for Android||Number of Users|
|Connected2.me: Chat Anonymously||10,000,000+|
|Moco: Chat & Meet New People||10,000,000+|
|Wakie Chat: Meet New Friends||100,000+|
|MeetMe: Chat & Meet New People||50,000,000+|
|RandoChat – Chat Roulette||5,000,000+|
|Frim – Chat Rooms||5,000,000+|
|Mico – Make Friends, Live Chat and Go Live Stream||50,000,000+|
Also Read: Best anonymous chat apps for iOS
Top 10 Best Anonymous Chat Apps For Android
Psst! Anonymous app is a chat app that is known for its privacy as it doesn’t retain any chat logs, store IDs, or anything else. You can send messages on various subjects and express your opinion. You can also add friends later if you want to open up to them.
Only individuals you’ve added as friends can send or receive photos. So, unlike other apps, you won’t get random photos.
The app comes with a block feature that can be used to block people whom you don’t like/ don’t want to chat with. The best part about the app is that no one can take screenshots and have their profile deleted forever.
In terms of money, the app doesn’t use your data for any other purpose. Your email is only used for resetting the password and not for sending spam.
Chatous is an anonymous social networking app available for Android and iOS devices. The app matches you with random people across the world for chat sessions.
It is completely free to download and use. However, few in-app purchases can enhance the user experience.
For example, the premium account comes with an option to get matched only with people of the opposite gender.
The app also matches you with like-minded people based on the hashtags you have used to describe yourself. You can also use these hashtags as a filtering option to search for other members by age or country.
Connected2.me: Chat Anonymously
Connected2.me is an anonymous chat app that is heavily inspired by Instagram (or SnapChat based on who you talk to). Once you open the app, it shows you a list of profiles near you with whom you can chat directly. Similar to Instagram, users can also upload stories.
The best part is that you don’t need to create a user account to send or receive messages, however, you will need one to create stories.
The app also comes with a unique feature called the ‘Shuffle’ feature that connects you with random users who’re online and available for chat.
Moco: Chat & Meet New People
Quite like others on this list, Moco lets you get in touch with new people everyday for free and the best part about this app is that all your data will be kept anonymous and private so no one will know your real identity.
Moco is more like a social interaction app that lets you play games with friends apart from only chatting with them. You will be able to watch live streams from unknown people who are located nearby or if you’re into it, you can start a live stream of yourself.
Currently, Moco has millions of users and there are loads of new people you can meet on a daily basis. It’s currently the largest social network of African Americans and Latinos of the world.
Wakie Chat: Meet New Friends
Wakie was introduced as a non-traditional alarm app that allows strangers to wake you up.
The app also functions as an anonymous chat app. Users can ask for opinions, suggestions, and strangers can reply to your questions.
The app also has an option to start new discussions with strangers after getting matched on a particular topic.
Users can also choose to show their details like a profile picture, name, and other personal details.
MeetMe: Chat & Meet New People
MeetMe was originally meant to be a dating app, but just like real life, destiny had a different plan for the app. With a user base of 100 million people, MeetMe is one of the largest anonymous chat apps and one of the best anonymous chat apps for Android.
Along with standard features like chatting with new people, the app also has features for seeing profile views, admirers count, and gifts you have received.
The app is also bundled with some arcade and casino-based games that can be played with your newfound friends.
Whisper is another popular chat app available for Android. For people who are looking to have and share long, meaningful, raw conversations then Whisper is the best app for you.
Many users have claimed to have had meaningful conversations that had some kind of positive impact on their minds and behavior.
Without having to unveil your real identity, you can use Whisper to share your deepest desires and innermost thoughts with total strangers.
You can also find individuals based on subjects of interest and location. This makes the conversation easier because you know that the other party is interested as well.
RandoChat – Chat Roulette
Another fine, easy to use anonymous chat app is RandoChat. This app is by far the easiest and down to earth apps in terms of being user friendly and because the UI features Android like functionality, you will surely get used to it rather quickly.
It works just like any other Android chat app, you simply create an account and then you can start chatting with random strangers across the world. What’s great about this app is that the developers don’t take explicit content lightly and violators will be banned from using the app.
RandoChat is a free to use app that maintains user privacy by deleting messages and IP addresses so no one can gain access to your personal information or account.
Frim – Chat Rooms
Frim is an Android anonymous chat app that lets you, text strangers, on local chat rooms. Users ask questions, share secrets, etc.
Along with these features, users can also share funny pics, photos, stickers, videos, and others with strangers. You can also express yourself with different badges and use an age filter to find friends of your age.
The best thing about the app is that it discourages its users from revealing their personal information, which can be a good thing if you are looking for privacy.
Mico – Make Friends, Live Chat and Go Live Stream
Mico is a relatively new and most popular App on the Play store right now. With a rating of 4.5, it certainly stands in a better position compared to the other apps on this list.
Similar to Instagram, this app has features like Live Video Stream and Stories so that you can share your wonderful little moments with other people online.
The app also has a real-time translation feature so that you can chat with strangers all over the world without any language problem (who knows you might even meet your soulmate).
Pros and Cons of anonymous chat apps
Robin, get me my legal pad. It’s Pros and Cons Time!Ted Mosby
Yes before we get down to list the apps it is helpful to understand the pros and cons of installing these apps.
- You can say whatever you want – Don’t like your new Boss? Have a crush on a cute girl/boy who has just joined your class today? Feeling angry/happy/sad? Then just let it out provided that you don’t reveal anything that could expose your identity. You can also post your (unpopular) opinion on certain topics without the fear of someone attacking you for it.
- You can expand your worldview – You never know who you’re talking to when you’re online. This person may be of different age belonging to a different culture altogether. This will change your perspective on certain things and open your mind to newer experiences. It can also benefit you by making you more empathetic towards others and also teach you how other people work.
- It makes for good conversation – Because you are more inclined to be yourself and express your feelings, you can advise the people you’re talking to, or just be the individual who listens to you as you express what’s going on. Although it’s not a therapy substitute, it can be a good way to get some solutions right away.
- You don’t know who you’re talking to – We all have heard stories about people who think they’re talking to a reasonable person but it turns out to be someone bad. From a sexual predator pretending to be a 15-year-old girl to a con artist who just wants to steal your personal information, you need to be careful when it comes to who you talk to.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you stop trusting anyone you meet online. However, you can be smart by not revealing your details. And in case if you meet a local online in such chat rooms and make up a plan to meet in real life then do it in a safe, public place like a mall.
- Chat rooms are addictive – For someone who likes chatting with people, anonymous chat rooms are an excellent way to connect to new people. This activity is good until it turns into an addiction. Sometimes this addiction can cause problems in your personal and professional life.
- Impact of Social Skills Is an Unintended Consequence – Here is a bitter truth, social skills don’t come naturally to everyone. And in case if you spend more time in chat rooms then you may never improve your social skills as you won’t be having any real-life interactions. It’s awesome if you can express yourself in an anonymous chat room, but if you can’t have a face-to-face conversation then it’s time that you spend less time in chat rooms and more time on improving your social skills.
Why would you use an anonymous chat app?
There are many reasons why you should consider using an anonymous chat app on your Android phone. Some of them are:
- Encryption – The first reason you should consider using an anonymous chat app is for it’s encryption. All anonymous chat apps will encrypt your messages end-to-end making it safer to use as only the sender and receiver will be able to view the message and its contents.
- Self-Destruct – Messages can be set to self-destruct once the reader has opened and viewed its contents. This means that no messages or data is stored in the cloud or any server.
- No Forwarding Feature – One of the best reasons to use an anonymous chat app is because text and media files can’t be forwarded from one sender to another.
- Personalization – With these anonymous chat apps for Android, you are able to modify the profile pics of your contacts, add nicknames, change the color of the chat and more.
So there you have it, the 10 most popular apps that can be used for anonymous chatting. Do note that all these apps are focused on privacy which means as an end-user it is your responsibility to maintain your identity.
Just like in real-life talking to strangers online is risky which means you need to care about what information you’re telling the opposite person.
So go ahead install one of these apps, build your new persona and speak your heart out.
- What happens when you clear your browsing history
- How to block ads on Google Chrome
- Best private browser for Android
Daniel Moore is the Founder & Editor-in-chief of Private-Spy, an experienced hacker, lecturer and an all-round fun guy! A writer by day and reader by night, he holds a Master’s degree in Computer applications and believes that privacy is our god given right. Daniel has been known to have published in-depth guides and tutorials that have been used by millions of people across the world.