Are you bored with your online or real friends? Do you want to make new friends?
If yes, then you’re at the right place.
In this article, we will be listing our favorite (and also popular) anonymous chat apps for Android OS.
With these apps, you can chat, flirt or date any stranger across the world. Some of these apps also allow you to share images, audio and also make video chats with your newfound friends.
Best Anonymous Chat Apps For Android
Anonymous chat applications have slowly taken over the world thanks to their ability to connect two complete random strangers on a single platform. These applications can be downloaded from Google Play Store and the best part about these applications is the fact that it maintains your privacy.
Using these applications, you can reach out to anyone from a different country (considering they use the same app) and start a conversation. Things go well then you can disclose your identity to your new found friend.
Is talking to strangers okay now? Didn’t our parents warn us not to do that?
As kids, we were often told by our parents that we should never speak to strangers. So how come apps are being developed which are encouraging you to talk to random strangers.
Well, that logic applies when we’re talking to them in person as the opposite person knows who you’re and probably knows where you stay and what you do based on the information that you have revealed to them, but in the digital world, you can be whoever you’re as long as you’re not revealing your details.
Similar to an RPG video game, you can shape your character online and meet new people without them knowing who you truly are.
Pros and Cons of Anonymous chat rooms
To quote Ted Mosby from How I met your mother – “Robin, get me my legal pad. It’s Pros and Cons Time!”.
Yes before we get down to list the apps it is helpful to understand the pros and cons of installing these apps.
- You can say whatever you want – Don’t like your new Boss? Have a crush on a cute girl/boy who has just joined your class today? Feeling angry/happy/sad? Then just let it out provided that you don’t reveal anything that could expose your identity. You can also post your (unpopular) opinion on certain topics without the fear of someone attacking you for it.
- You can expand your worldview – You never know who you’re talking to when you’re online. This person may be of different age belonging to a different culture altogether. This will change your perspective on certain things and open your mind to newer experiences. It can also benefit you by making you more empathetic towards others and also teach you how other people work.
- It makes for good conversation – Because you are more inclined to be yourself and express your feelings, you can advise the people you’re talking to, or just be the individual who listens to you as you express what’s going on. Although it’s not a therapy substitute, it can be a good way to get some solutions right away.
- You don’t know who you’re talking to – We all have heard stories about people who think they’re talking to a reasonable person but it turns out to be someone bad. From a sexual predator pretending to be a 15-year-old girl to a con artist who just wants to steal your personal information, you need to be careful when it comes to who you talk to.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you stop trusting anyone you meet online. However, you can be smart by not revealing your details. And in case if you meet a local online in such chat rooms and make up a plan to meet in real life then do it in a safe, public place like a mall.
- Chat rooms are addictive – For someone who likes chatting with people, anonymous chat rooms are an excellent way to connect to new people. This activity is good until it turns into an addiction. Sometimes this addiction can cause problems in your personal and professional life.
- Impact of Social Skills Is an Unintended Consequence – Here is a bitter truth, social skills don’t come naturally to everyone. And in case if you spend more time in chat rooms then you may never improve your social skills as you won’t be having any real-life interactions. It’s awesome if you can express yourself in an anonymous chat room, but if you can’t have a face-to-face conversation then it’s time that you spend less time in chat rooms and more time on improving your social skills.
Here are the Top 8 Anonymous Chat Apps For Android
Chatous is an anonymous social networking app available for Android and iOS devices. The app matches you with random people across the world for chat sessions.
It is completely free to download and use. However, few in-app purchases can enhance the user experience.
For example, the premium account comes with an option to get matched only with people of the opposite gender.
The app also matches you with like-minded people based on the hashtags you have used to describe yourself. You can also use these hashtags as a filtering option to search for other members by age or country.
Connected2.me is an anonymous chat app that is heavily inspired by Instagram (or SnapChat based on who you talk to). Once you open the app, it shows you a list of profiles near you with whom you can chat directly. Similar to Instagram, users can also upload stories.
The best part is that you don’t need to create a user account to send or receive messages, however, you will need one to create stories.
The app also comes with a unique feature called the ‘Shuffle’ feature that connects you with random users who’re online and available for chat.
Frim is an Android anonymous chat app that lets you, text strangers, on local chat rooms. Users ask questions, share secrets, etc.
Along with these features, users can also share funny pics, photos, stickers, videos, and others with strangers. You can also express yourself with different badges and use an age filter to find friends of your age.
The best thing about the app is that it discourages its users from revealing their personal information, which can be a good thing if you are looking for privacy.
Wakie was introduced as a non-traditional alarm app that allows strangers to wake you up.
The app also functions as an anonymous chat app. Users can ask for opinions, suggestions, and strangers can reply to your questions.
The app also has an option to start new discussions with strangers after getting matched on a particular topic.
Users can also choose to show their details like a profile picture, name, and other personal details.
MeetMe was originally meant to be a dating app, but just like real life, destiny had a different plan for the app. With a user base of 100 million people, MeetMe is one of the largest anonymous chat apps.
Along with standard features like chatting with new people, the app also has features for seeing profile views, admirers count, and gifts you have received.
The app is also bundled with some arcade and casino-based games that can be played with your newfound friends.
Mico is a relatively new and most popular App on the Play store right now. With a rating of 4.5, it certainly stands in a better position compared to the other apps on this list.
Similar to Instagram, this app has features like Live Video Stream and Stories so that you can share your wonderful little moments with other people online.
The app also has a real-time translation feature so that you can chat with strangers all over the world without any language problem (who knows you might even meet your soulmate).
Whisper is another popular chat app available for Android. For people who are looking to have and share long, meaningful, raw conversations then Whisper is the best app for you.
Many users have claimed to have had meaningful conversations that had some kind of positive impact on their minds and behavior.
Without having to unveil your real identity, you can use Whisper to share your deepest desires and innermost thoughts with total strangers.
You can also find individuals based on subjects of interest and location. This makes the conversation easier because you know that the other party is interested as well.
Psst! Anonymous app is a chat app that is known for its privacy as it doesn’t retain any chat logs, store IDs, or anything else. You can send messages on various subjects and express your opinion. You can also add friends later if you want to open up to them.
Only individuals you’ve added as friends can send or receive photos. So, unlike other apps, you won’t get random photos.
The app comes with a block feature that can be used to block people whom you don’t like/ don’t want to chat with. The best part about the app is that no one can take screenshots and have their profile deleted forever.
In terms of money, the app doesn’t use your data for any other purpose. Your email is only used for resetting the password and not for sending spam.
So there you have it, the 8 most popular apps that can be used for anonymous chatting. Do note that all these apps are focused on privacy which means as an end-user it is your responsibility to maintain your identity.
Just like in real-life talking to strangers online is risky which means you need to care about what information you’re telling the opposite person.
So go ahead install one of these apps, build your new persona and speak your heart out.